Where to store your boat during the winter months
Learn about the best option for storing your boat this Winter.
5th October 2017
With winter quickly approaching, it’s time to put the boat away until spring. One of the biggest decisions for boat owners in Ireland is where to store a boat during the winter months.
The best place for your boat to be during the winter is out of the water, under suitable cover and in a dry storage specifically for boats.
Read on to learn more about the most common ways to store your boat and the best option for your boat.
Storing your boat at home saves money. However, here are some points to consider if you decide to go this route:
• The boat is subject to hash Winter elements.
• Boats stored outside can become a target for vandals.
• A boat takes up space in your driveway. If space is limited this can cause a hindrance in your driveway when parking.
Benefits of a boat storage facility
• Your boat is protected from the elements.
• Easy Access (close to water), so when you’re ready to use your boat again, you won't have far to travel.
• Boat security and peace of mind
• Boats stored inside generally need less cleanup in the spring to restore that yacht-like appearance.
Portumna Marine specialise in boat storage
Portumna Marine Boat Storage can store your cruisers and boats in our secure boat storage warehouses that caters for boats up to 13M. We also provide boat storage for the smaller crafts.
Our facilities are protected by advanced security and equipped with a gated entrance (code protected). We monitor our facilities with security cameras.
Our full season boat storage package includes things such as engine servicing, anti-fouling, polishing, full interior cleaning, refits, resprays, revarnishing, re-decking and the list goes on!Book your little baby in for indoor storage this year out of the harsh elements.
We are very close to being fully booked so if you have not yet booked your boat in make sure to do so as soon as possible.
Email us your boat storage enquires. We're happy to help and advise you on the best option for storing your boat this Winter.