Boat winterisation tips and advice
It's that time of year again! Winter is almost here which means it's time to think about preparing your boat and putting it into storage for the coming months.
5th October 2017
Here is a checklist of boat winterisation tips and advice:
• Run the engine to warm it up & change the oil when it's warm.
• Flush the engine with fresh water.
• Circulate the antifreeze through the manifold.
• Remove spark plugs & use 'fogging oil' to spray into each cylinder.
• Empty freshwater tanks
• Run antifreeze through shower pumps
• If in outdoor storage put a frost heater in the engine room.
• Set up a dehumidifier in the main cabin
Recommended boat winterisation products:
Winterise your boat with Portumna Marine. ENQUIRE NOW