Sell Your Boat
Portumna Marine has long been established as one of Irelands leading Boat Brokerage companies with over 18 years experience in the Marine Industry.
Our expertise in selling used boats provides sellers with the maximum market exposure for their boat.
We handle all aspects of the sale of a boat from the initial listing, marketing, photography, viewing, negotiation, paperwork and conclusion. Our goal is to have boat sellers and boat buyers equally happy once the deal is concluded. Portumna Marine is a market leader in boat sales across the Ireland and the UK.
Why should I sell my boat with Portumna Marine?
• Our marketing strategy covers extensive advertising in high-end publications, focused search engine campaigns, social networks and direct contact with the largest boat buyers directory in the world.
• Our comprehensive database gives us instant access to buyers at home and abroad for your boat
• Our website is optimized to ensure the maximum relevant exposure for your boat.
What to do next to sell your boat?
1. Contact our Portumna Marine office to speak with our brokers regarding valuations and market conditions
2. Complete the Brokerage Agreement Form and supply a full boat inventory
3. First impressions sell; Clean all exterior brightwork, clean and wax the hull, clean canvas.
4. Clean the interior; Clean out the lockers, oven, icebox, fridge, and bilges and remove/replace any worn cushions or carpets. Declutter the interior and remove personal items.
5. Organize your ownership papers, Bill of Sale, Invoice, Builders Certificate, we can talk you through it.
6. Ask any questions you like, we want you to be as comfortable and informed as possible.
Let us evaluate, market and get you the "best price for your boat." Call us, today!
We look forward to meeting you and seeing your boat at your earliest convenience.
Leslie and Jennifer
Options for selling your boat:
1. Brokerage Sale
This is where we act as your agent to sell your boat for the highest possible price. This will be achieved via our network of 9 offices located throughout the UK and our extensive marketing of vessels both in print media and online. We can transport, store, clean and sell your boat and all the costs can be deducted from the sale price. That means there is NO initial outlay when selling.
2. Guaranteed Sale
With this option, we offer a guaranteed future value for your boat to take effect only after 3 months of attempting to sell on brokerage. Therefore you can place your boat on brokerage with the added security that you can rely on the fact that she WILL be sold within 3 months of listing her. This also helps to give you a figure to aim for when receiving offers whilst she is on brokerage. If you choose to take advantage of this offer the boat will have to be on-site at one of our locations and we will need to inspect her, test the engines and have clear title to the boat. We do however reserve the right to not purchase the boat should the market condition change.
3. Cash Sale
If you want us to simply purchase your boat for cash. This is usually the worst case scenario.
Advantages: Instant money in your account – we can send the money directly to the finance company and the balance to you if necessary.
Disadvantages: We pay the trade value – this will be the lowest amount you will receive.
Take the next step with Portumna Marine
We are proud of our reputation for flexibility and customer service. A member of our team will be delighted to discuss your requirements and tailor a personalised brokerage package to suit your needs.
For more information contact us today
Download our Brokerage brochure here